The ECOO 2018 will be held in the Czech Republic!
We have already started to slowly prepare the organization of the congress, details will be presented this year in Sweden.
Short basic information:
- place of Congress: Brno (the second largest city in the Czech Republic)
- organisation: Mendel University in Brno, with cooperation University of Ostrava, Nature Conservation Agency of the Czech Republic
- transport to CZ: best by plane to Vienna (and by bus to Brno) or to Prague (and by bus to Brno), Brno lies on the main highway D1 from Prague to Bratislava or Wien
1 .to pannonian lowland (50km southernwards from Brno) for observing mediterannean species – stable population of Coenagrion scitulum, Epitheca bimaculata, Crocothemis erythraea, Gomphus flavipes etc.
- second place (60km easternwards from Brno) – northermost population of Cordulegaster heros in the uphills of Carpathian Mts., Cordulegaster bidentata, Ophiogomphus cecilia
Post congress field trip:
- to visit hercynic mountains the Hrubý Jeseník Mts. with population of Somatochlora alpestris, S.arctica, Aeshna subarctica, Aeshna juncea, Leucorrhiunia dubia etc.
- lowland of Odra river with 3 Gomphids
- Carpatian Mts. – with population of Cordulegaster bidentata.
For more info please contact Otakar Holuša
Mendel University in Brno
Faculty of Forestry and Wood Technology
Dept. of Forest Protection and Wildlife Management
CZ-613 00 Brno
mob.: +420 606 960 769