Everyone with abstracts in need of editing should by now have recieved an e-mail, unless their abstract(s) just needed better grammar or the spelling checked. I have taken care of those and they should be ok now. You can have those as well if you like, but I won’t upload them at the moment (you will get a pdf next week with all).
David Chelmwick won’t come and neither will Khawsar Khan, so three of the abstracts in most need of rewriting are no longer subject for the congress.
Below is the edited abstracts I have received that needed more serious editing. I will keep upload them as they arrive.
- Distribution and preservation of dragonfly and damselfly habitats at Aviapolis major region, Vantaa
- Dragonflies in Heligoland traps at Ottenby, Sweden
- Influence of environmental factors on abundance and diversity of Odonata in karst ponds in alpine region in Slovenia
- The Odonata of Cyprus observations on the checklist, flight seasons and the discovery of Ischnura intermedia
- Voltinism and size stability of larval stages in a population of Calopteryx splendens
- Evidence of senescence and differential survival in urban versus periurban populations of damselfly
- Dragonflies from Mauritania past, present and future
- Sexual tonic immobility and habitat shift as female responses to avoid male coercion in Aeshna juncea
- Asymmetric phenological response to warming along latitude and elevation
- Is there a relationship between species-specific egg sizes and ecological specialization in temporary waters
- Urban landscapes – threat or benefit for dragonflies
- Onychogomphus costae recording an overlooked species in Andalusia
Two persons have very late asked if they can submit abstracts. I have told them that they can, but that we can’t promise them part in the program. However, they will come to the congress anyway, so it might be a good idea to have them in reserve.
- Body temperature of adults of Cordulegaster bidentata and C. heros during daily flight activity
- A new biomonitoring software system for citizen science
This one was updated by the author even if we haven’t expressed a need:
- Conservation management of the threatened damselfly Lestes macrostigma ecology informed habitat restoration
SESSION: FAUNISTIC & BIODIVERSITY
- Christophe Brochard: Chasing exuviae and larvae of dragonflies across Europe. (detta är ett föredrag i mer “vanlig” tappning, mer av bildföredragskaraktär)
- David J. Sparrow, Rosalyn Sparrow & Geert De Knijf: The Odonata of Cyprus observations on the checklist, flight seasons and the discovery of Ischnura intermedia
- Nick van Wouwen and Dolf Ramaker: Sympetrum depressiusculum in the Netherlands
- Florent Prunier: Onychogomphus costae, recording an overlooked species in Andalusia.
- Magnus Billqvist & Ola Elleström: Some notes and observations on the enigmatic Treeline Emerald Somatochlora sahlbergi (23/4)
- Richard Ottvall: Dragonflies in Heligoland traps at Ottenby, Sweden (2/5)
- Diana Goertzen, Frank Suhling: Urban landscapes – threat or benefit for dragonflies
- Dejan Kulijer & Iva Miljević: The Odonata fauna of Bosnia and Herzegovina – changes and novelties (23/4)
SESSION: BEHAVIOUR, ECOLOGY, LIFE HISTORY
- Erik Svensson: Short and long-term evolutionary dynamics in Coenagrionid damselflies from individuals to population and species divergence
- Martin Jeanmougin & Alexandre Robert: Evidence of senescence and differential survival in urban versus periurban populations of damselfly (Odonata Zygoptera)
- Ana Tratnik & Igor Zelnik: Influence of environmental factors on abundance and diversity of Odonata in karst ponds in alpine region in Slovenia
- Ulf Norling: Cues, prediction and modes of larval development in seasonal and latitude adaptation in dragonflies.
- David Outomuro, Pedro Ángel-Giraldo, Alberto Corral-Lopez, Emilio Realpe: Polythoridae damselflies mimicking unpalatable glasswing butterflies
- Robby Stoks, Khuong Dinh Van & Lizanne Janssens: Exposure to a heat wave under food limitation makes an agricultural insecticide lethal
- Beatriz Willink, Katie Duryea, Erik Svensson: The ontogeny of intersexual communication in damselflies combining experimental and phylogenetic approaches
- Md Kawsar Khan, Tabarak Ullah Ranu: Adaptive Significances of Andromorphic Female in Female-limited Dimorphic damselfly Agriocnemis femina (dessa är från Bangladesh men lär inte komma till konferensen)
- Franz-Josef Schiel: Is there a relationship between species-specific egg sizes and ecological specialization in temporary waters
- Rassim Khelifa: Asymmetric phenological response to warming along latitude and elevation
- Erland R. Nielsen: High-speed videos of dragonflies
SESSION: GENETICS, PHYLOGENY, TAXONOMY, PHYLOGEOGRAPHY
- Lars Lønsmann Iversen: Environmental DNA based monitoring of dragonflies– is it time to ditch the dipnet?
- Sánchez-Guillén R.A., Cordero-Rivera A., Rivas-Torres A., Velasquez-Veles M.I., Wellenreuther M., Hansson B., Bybee S., Realpe E. & Dumont H: Macroevolution of the color polymorphism in Ischnuran damselflies
- John Waller: Body Size Evolution in Odonates
- Karin Verspui and Marcel Wasscher: Bringing the watercolor painting collection of Selys from the nineteenth century to the present
- Manpreet K. Kohli, Göran Sahlén ,Lucianny Lantigua, William R. Kuhn, Erik Pilgrim, Jessica L. Ware: The Treeline Emerald Somatochlora sahlbergi in focus does geographic distance always translate to genetic distance
- Katie Duryea, Yuma Takahasi, Chris Wheat, Erik Svensson: Transcriptomics of mating harassment in a polymorphic damselfly
- Sónia Ferreira, David J. Thompson, José Carlos Brito, Paulo Célio Alves & Phillip C. Watts: Final score Nuclear 3 – Mitochondrial 1 discrepancies in nuclear and mitochondrial DNA in Coenagrion spp (26/4)
- M. O. Lorenzo-Carballa, Phillip C. Watts: Comparative transcriptomics of sexual and parthenogenetic Ischnura hastata (OBS detta inkom sent och utan förvarning 25/4)
- Szymon Sniegula: Time constraint effects on life history synchrony in Lestes sponsa
- Marco Matteo Gallesi, Roberto Sacchi & Sönke Hardersen: Voltinism and size stability of larval stages in a population of Calopteryx splendens
- Maja Vrhovnik, Damjan Vinko, Nina Erbida: Diversity of dragonfly fauna (Insecta Odonata) in the city Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Rassim Khelifa: Sexual tonic immobility and habitat shift as female responses to avoid male coercion in Aeshna juncea
- Rebecca Herzog, Philippe Lambret, Ronja Kraul, Heike Hadrys: The spread of the Dark Spreadwing Does the population structure of endangered Lestes macrostigma reflect the patchy habitat distribution of an exclusive brackish ecosystem?
- Hayat Mahdjoub, Rassim Khelifa: A hotspot for threatened Mediterranean odonates in the Seybouse River Northeast Algeria
- Sónia Ferreira, Jean-Pierre Boudot, Zbyszek Boratyński, João C. Campos, Duarte V. Gonçalves, Ricardo Guerreiro, Fernando Martínez-Freiría, Andack S. Sow, Guillermo Velo-Antón & José Carlos Brito: Dragonflies from Mauritania past, present and future (26/4)
- Szymon Sniegula, Lizanne Janssens, Robby Stoks: Combined effects of anthropogenic stressors across life stages (26/4)
SESSION: CONSERVATION, MANAGEMENT, MONITORING
- Klaus-Jürgen Conze: Current situation of the dragonfly species of lotic habitats in Northrhine-Westfalia, Germany.
- David Chelmick: The Impact of Climatic and Topographical factors on the Odonata fauna of Iberia
- Tommy Karlsson: Monitoring of dragonflies listed in the EU´s habitat directive in Sweden
- Tommy Karlsson: Dragonflies in Östergötland
- Philippe Lambret & Robby Stoks: Conservation management of the threatened damselfly Lestes macrostigma ecology-informed habitat restoration.
- Miikka Friman: Distribution and preservation of dragonfly and damselfly habitats at Aviapolis major region, Vantaa.
- Rebecca Herzog & Heike Hadrys: Long-term genetic monitoring of the dragonfly Orthetrum coerulescens (Odonata Libellulidae) direct anthropogenic impact versus climate change effects
- Aurélie Husté, Mickaël Le Gall, Audrey Chaput-Bardy: Determinants of odonate communities spatial assemblages along a blueway in Normandy (möjligen poster)
- Ulf Bjelke: The importance of online reporting systems for increase in knowledge of Odonata – the Swedish experience
- Wiebke Feindt, Katrin Pfeiffer, Runa Lahmann, Sandra Damm and Heike Hadrys: The genetics behind the northward expansion of the Scarlet Darter Crocothemis erythraea 20160420_Genetics behind the northward expansion of the Scarlet Darter_FINAL Röd = ny version inkommen 21/4.
- Tim Termaat, Geert De Knijf and Arco J. van Strien: Dragonfly monitoring in Europe – a progress report
- Saskia de Vries: The start of a new management strategy for water soldier (Stratiotes aloides) to protect the Green Hawker (Aeshna viridis) (18 maj)
- Magnus Billqvist och/eller Linda Birkedal: The first regional survey of the dragonfly fauna in Skåne, Sweden: a citizen science project (sorry, glömt lägga ut denna! 5/5)
- Geert de Knijf: Odonata of the European Habitats directive some results of the two reporting periods on the conservation status of dragonflies in Europe (ny 18/4)
- Kent Olsen, Nicholas Bell, Erik Dylmer, Lars L. Iversen & Thomas Eske Holm: The Danish dragonfly atlas project background and results from two years of citizen science
- Md Kawsar Khan, Md Nur Ahad Shah, Borhan Uddin Odonata of Bangladesh: An online Database of diversity, ecology and genetic information of the Dragonflies of Bangladesh (dessa är från Bangladesh men lär inte komma till konferensen)
- Erland R. Nielsen: Dragonflies of Madagascar
- Erland R. Nielsen: Dragonflies of Patagonia